Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Sweet Fun at aNR 5th Sunday Run

I started running religiously September of last year and I committed myself to running by joining adiNation of Runners. It was by that time I feel that I am now ready to take this running thing to the next level, and since then I continue to progress, from being a couch potato to now, running 10K races...

I found out about this run group at the takbo.ph advertisement ticker found on the side of the website. I got curious so I clicked it. A perfect timing since I am already losing interest in running since I am just doing it alone. I think training with other people will be much motivating and fun, and I was not mistaken. I secured an aNR Passport at RUNNR and I joined aNR BHS since its the closest to my place.

Since then I never missed any aNR sessions. I feel that my training is never complete without it. I met new friends every meetings and I also get to meet the running superstars like Kikay Runner and the Powerpuff Boys. I am always looking forward to Thursday evenings to be with all of them. I treat them as my family.

One time I was going over my aNR Passport and noticed an icon of a runner dated January 30. When I handed it out to Coach Carina I asked her what is it. She told me that all the aNR groups will meet on that day for a fun run and a competition. I got excited since I already knew some runners who belongs to other aNR goups, and I also want to meet the others as well.

Two weeks before the big day I am already registered. I got a bib number 004. I will join the fun run!

But four days before the race day an incident happened to me. Our house was intruded by thieves and they took all my gadgets: laptop, cellphones, ipod, the money that I was keeping for school payments and my budget for my insulin supplies. I was so depressed that time. I haven't even touched food for a day when it all sinked in to me. I feel so helpless that moment. Gladly, some good spirited people offered help to us. I never realized that though there are lots of bad people nowadays, there are also good people who are willing to lend a helping hand in times of need. The police inspector told us that we are lucky no one woke up during the incident, or else the thieves might kill us all. That gave me a boost. I thought the incident left us with nothing but I realized we still have our lives. I appreciate my family more than ever now. When we lost everything, we found each other. And being alive and together is indeed a reason to say that we are still blessed.

My aNR BHS family was so happy to see me present at the training day. They gave me a pat on the back, saying everythings gonna be fine. They told me that I am a strong person, that despite what happened I can still train, chat and laugh out with them. Ofcourse I do warn them about the modus. I don't want anyone to suffer the same turmoil that we have undergone.

I conditioned myself the day before the run. I eat well but I had difficulty sleeping because of the trauma. But still I managed to wake up early on, prepared and went to BHS to wait for Ate Che Anne, Ate Iris and Gerald because we will go to the venue together but only Gerald came so we decided we will go to the venue without the two girls because we don't want to get late.

We arrived at the venue in less than 15 minutes. Before we decided to ride with Gerald we even planned to do an LSD run from BHS to Newport City. I plotted it to a GPS and it actually measures around 7K plus. So 7K LSD plus 5K race is equals to 12K, a pretty much decent mileage to compensate for the other week that I wasn't able to do an LSD run but sadly it didn't materialize. Oh well, at least we are fresh when we arrive at the venue.

It's my first time to be at Newport City. It's a very nice place, almost like Eastwood City, but ofcourse Bonifacio Global City is better (bias! lol! ^_^). The venue where the race is located is good as well. Banners of different adiNation groups were posted. The stage were accented. Baggage counters are ready. Sound system is good and the start/finish line is already waiting for the runners to stand on it.

Before the run, ofcourse we took some pictures! It's never complete without it. ^_^


My aNR BHS Family! ^_^

So, we had a small meeting to get our contestants ready for the competition. A few more minutes and were already at the starting line. I am so excited. This is a new route for me, and running with my aNR BHS family and our relatives (other aNR groups) is giving me a feeling of hype. When I hear the gunshot, I know the fun has only just begun!

The race route is good, though I don't really enjoyed the part where we need to pass at the highway. The hydration stations are placed at the right position but they only have water. They only offer energy drinks at the last hydration point. The weather is very forgiving as well but for me, having this cold breeze is a disadvantage. I feel it's cooling me up so I'm having a hard time warming myself up. I had a difficult run. Maybe the problem is in me, I haven't got a decent sleep before the event. But despite that, I even established a new Personal Record (PR). From 5K at 40 minutes, I am now at 35 minutes! That's merely 5 minutes slashed off the previous one. I am so happy!

After the race the competition started immediately. Starting from the 5K race, then the women and mens 5K relay race. I was watching at the side and cheering for my aNR BHS family. I shout for them and I couldn't care less if I am noisy. All I know is that I am so hyped up in cheering for them, and I need to get it off my system!

Most of the first place awards were won by aNR UP group but at least our group is still a placer. I salute this group for being very competitive, but when it comes to beau and sexiness, it's aNR BHS who will win the championship award! ^_^

Btw, aNR BHS runner won the grand prize of 1 year free membership at Gold's Gym and the P10,000 shopping spree at Adidas stores. I hope they can share their blessings to us. lol!

So now, everytime you purchase an Adidas item, bear in mind that the proceeds of it were spent for the adiNation of Runners Group. Would you still settle for any brand? I hope not.

Some photos from the event: Photo credits to Coach Marvin Opulencia and Sir KB Runner...


aNR BHS Family, the champion in the noisiest group category! ^_^


While cheering for our contestants


Look! We got a loot bag! Wee!


I Lurve these boys! (Team Powerpuff Boys)
I'm the most beautiful, because all of them are handsome. lol! ^_^

I would like to congratulate the organizers, Sir Jinoe Gavan, all the adiNation of Runners Group who participated in the event, the great photographers who catches my sweet smiles on and off the road and ofcourse, to Adidas, for creating such run groups that made a way for us to get to know each other and train together. We didn't only gain running buddies, we gained good friends along the way and for that, we owe a lot to you! ^_^

I will always remember this event as a very memorable and happy one. See you guys again on May 29th at Eastwood City for the 2nd Leg of the adiNation of Runners event!

Good vibes to everyone! Sweet running! ^_^


No comments: