It's been a while since I last wrote something. I have been busy with lots of things happening my life: career, social life, and other things but the sad part is, it's not with running.
For the past 3 years, I focused more on my work, putting most of my time and effort into it. I've even sacrificed my personal time, neglecting my health and wellness in the process, and giving more than what I should have, but there's something that happened and it made me realize I am committing a big mistake.
Three years ago, I almost lost my marriage of almost 12 years. It was my turning point, a painful blow to the head that shook my entire life and crumbled me into tiny little pieces. Gladly we were able to surpass that because we committed that we will pick all those tiny little pieces and build everything up again.
Last year was indeed my breaking point. I finally managed to leave my career to give way for myself, for my sanity, for my own sake...
2017 was the year of losses for me:
- I lost my dream job/career
- I lost my financial strength significantly that we need to move in with our parents in the province just to survive
- I lost my self-confidence
- I lost so-called friends whom I loved dearly
- I lost faith in those so-called leaders who persecuted me instead of protecting me
- I lost my self-esteem. It dropped like a glass on a concrete floor and
- I was made to believe I was no good for anything...
God is so good that despite my losses, before the year ended I gained a new job, more time with my family and also, with myself.
So for 2018, the plan is to execute the personal goals that I stalled way back:
- Go back to Insulin Therapy (I stopped because of financial issues)
- Start reviewing for the Psychometrician Board Exams (long overdue!!!)
- Take the Psychometrician Board Exams (about time!)
- Enroll in a class (Masters or Training)
- Go back to running or biking
- Go back to writing blogs
- Get a dog
- Love myself more
My picture sums up what I would like to say to 2017. I’m so glad you’re over.
Sorry, you didn’t totally break me. Don’t you ever come back again!
While I was not blogging here, I've been busy working from home, doing Vlogs, singing duets on Smule, writing about Weddings, studying Cryptocurrency, learning about Ketogenic Diet, preparing to review for the Board Exams and mastering the craft of harnessing the healing powers of Essential Oils Therapy (Wow! I know :P). Since I commit to writing more, expect that I'll be sharing the interesting things soon!
Thanks for dropping by. Have a Sweet Day! ^_^