Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas with Suchero

Last December 13th, I attended a Christmas Party organized by my blogger friend Blas for Suchero. I've been hearing what Suchero is and I know it has something to do with sugar substitute and I was right. What I thought will be a simple gathering of bloggers became an intimate Christmas Party filled with fun and surprises.



I arrived at Red Crab in McKinley Hill a bit late but the program has not started yet so I got the chance to catch up with my runner/blogger friends. It's been a while since I last saw them since I have been inactive in attending events recently. I enjoyed the moment with them and after a few minutes I'm already updated on the latest happenings in the running community. I also got a chance to read up on what Suchero is and what this product can offer, especially to a diabetic like me.

Optimo 3+3 Coffe Mis with Suchero


Before the event started, Blas called me to do a photoshoot with a food. I was even wondering why me? So without questioning I just followed him to the other side of the restaurant and I was surprised on what I saw on the table. A cheesecake!



From the looks of it I can say that it's delicious. When I got seated the first thing I did is to smell it, and it smells like coffee. Then the Chef told me that it was Kapeng Barako Cheesecake. Okay that's cool, but I'm not really a fan of sweet desserts, especially during the night. Then she told me an interesting information that this one is sweetened with Suchero. Now we're talking!

After the shots were taken I got the privilege to get the first bite of this sweet thing and when I got to taste it, it never failed me. The cheesecake was so full of flavor and the Kapeng Barako taste is not overpowering. The sweetness is just right and it did not felt harsh on my tastebuds (I am sensitive to sweet taste).

Open wide! :P


Then right after the program officially started. I was looking at the menu of what they will serve to us for that night. I was told everything that will be served is with Suchero so this day is an exemption and I'll eat whatever is placed on my table. That's great but when I found out that Suchero is actually a type of Coco Sugar, I had my doubts about it. Coco Sugar usually has this bland taste that's why I don't like using it. It makes food or drinks taste significantly oily.

When the food was served one by one while they explain how Suchero was used in that particular dish, I am excited to try it. Surprisingly, each and every food served to us did not taste anything near of what I expect it to be. Everything in the menu taste great. This is gonna be a good sugar choice to use on food! We also got a chance to talk to the owner of Suchero and Optimo - the Coffee Mix with Suchero and we got a chance to ask questions and get more information about the products.

The sauce is sweetened by Suchero, and it taste great!

Glazed with Suchero, and it was really delicious! ^_^

After the great dinner, Blas provided a great program for us and we enjoyed playing "Pinoy Henyo" and got different prizes. No one went home empty handed.

Great food, great crowd, great event!


Thanks Suchero, Ultimo, Red Crab and most especially to Blas for organizing such a great Christmas Party!

The delectable Barako Cheesecake dessert and all the food photos posted in this blod entry will be served by Red Crab come 2013 so you can order it from their menu of many other healthy food sweetened by Suchero, a natural sugar alternative!

Suchero on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sucheronaturalsweetener
Red Crab on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Red-Crab-Alimango-House/131442113532781?ref=ts&fref=ts

Photos courtesy of Jeffrey Avellanosa.

Good Vibes everyone and Sweet Running! ^_^

No comments: