Wednesday, June 1, 2011

adidas King of the Road 2011 - A Sweet Exciting Race!

I started out training with a group when I got a chance to see bunch of runners meeting up at the ROX parking lot every Thursday evenings at Bonifacio High Street. I must admit I was so envious seeing them since I was just training alone at that time. Gladly, I found out an info about them through the takbo.ph website. I got my passport at RUNNR, and the rest is a sweet history!

Since then I started loving adidas. Imagine giving runners a free training without asking for anything in return? That's so sweet! and from the adiNation of Runners BHS Group, I found friends, I found a family!

In my own little way I try to give back to adidas by purchasing run gears from them. I bought my third pair of kicks, the adidas Supernova Sequence 3, which I named "Empress". I'm saving up to buy my run apparel next.

Being an adidas fan, ofcourse I am looking forward to the adidas King of the Road 2011 race! Because adidas is so close to my heart, I have decided, I will stage my first 21K race here. I am now preparing for it at this early since I am targeting a decent time. I am so excited and nervous at the same time!



adidas King of the Road 2011 is a running championship held across 5 countries - Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines.

Each country is a qualifying leg towards the finals, which is held in the Philippines on 23 October 2011. The winner and runner-up of each country's 16.8km category will win an all-expenses paid trip to the Philippines to compete with the best of the best in Southeast Asia.

The crowing of the adidas King of the Road Southeast Asia 2011: Only citizens and PRs are eligible for the championship title of the King of the Road for Southeast Asia. Foreigners are welcomed to take part and they will compete in the 'Open' category.

Race Distance
5K
16.8K - The championship race distance. Complete 2 marathons (84km) over 5 countries with adidas KOTR 2011.
21K

Categories
The event is open to participants across two categories –the ‘Closed’ category (Men /Women) is for local participants and the ‘Open’ category (Men/Women) is for international participants. The winner of each of the other four countries’ Closed categories (Men / Women) will qualify for an all-expense paid trip to compete in the adidas KOTR Southeast Asia Championship in host country Philippines on October 23, with the race commencing from popular running hub Bonifacio Global City, The Fort, in a bid to be crowned the adidas Southeast Asia ‘King of the Road 2011.’

Themes
Each year, a different event theme will be introduced to spice up the race atmosphere. In 2011, 'colours' will be the theme, and this is represented through a variety of different coloured adidas event tops that will be provided in your race pack. The multi-colours showcased are meant to demonstrate the vibrancy of the sports scene across Southeast Asia. All KOTR participants are encouraged to be involved in 'colours'!

Singlet Design
Women's (I like the pink one! ^_^)

Men's (Aren't they just the same color?)

Race Dates
15 May             - Thailand
28 August         - Singapore
25 September  - Indonesia
2 October         - Malaysia
23 October - Philippines


Race Maps




21K Distance! ^_^

Registration Fees
5K       - Php1,050.00
16.8K  - Php1,300.00
21K     - Php1,050

An announcement from adidas Philippines Facebook Page:

23 May 2011, Manila – The much-anticipated adidas King of the Road (KOTR) happening on October 23 at the Bonifacio Global City launches an early-bird registration promo entitled Free Run from June 1-14. Regular registration follows from June 15 to August 31.

From June 1-14 (while race slots last), the Free Run promo opens to a lucky limited number of participants who will receive a guaranteed race entry. Registration is FREE for every purchase of P7K worth of adidas running products while registration is at 50% OFF for every purchase of P5K worth of adidas running products. The Free Run promo participants will also enjoy the convenience of having their singlets and race kits couriered to their doorstep at no extra charge.

There will be a limited number of 100 slots per outlet. Registration is done manually in the ff outlets: adidas in:
1) Alabang Town Center
2) Gateway Mall
3) Glorietta 3
4) Greenbelt 3
5) Greenhills
6) Newport Mall
7) Powerplant Mall
8) Robinsons Place Ermita
9) SM MOA
10) SM North Edsa
11) Shangri-La
12) TriNoma,
13) RUNNR Bonifacio Global City, and
14) RUNNR TriNoma.

Provincial doors include:
15) adidas Ayala Center Cebu and
16) RUNNR Ayala Center Cebu,
17) adidas Robinsons Place Bacolod and
18) adidas Robinsons Place Iloilo.

From June 15- August 31 (while race slots last), regular registration follows, which is done online via the official KOTR website: www.adidaskingoftheroad.com, Participants registered online will receive their singlets and race kits at the KOTR 2011 Kick-Off Assembly on October 10-12 at the NBC Tent, Bonifacio Global City.

(I read this article a week after I purchased Empress. All I can say is "ho-hum...")

An estimated total of 40,000 runners are expected to pound the pavement across Southeast Asia. See you at adidas KOTR 2011!

(Credits to Takbo.ph for the singlet image and the race maps)

Good Vibes everyone and Sweet Running! ^_^

2 comments:

Dar-c said...

I'm excited for this! the singlet is cool i love the color, it fits my running shoes! I'll go for 21k! woot woot!

Unknown said...

Hi Dar-c! I agree! I'll be having my first 21K here. See you at the start/finish line! ^_^